7/11/12

LISTEN: Channel Orange x Frank Ocean


After coming out as bisexual on his Tumblr last week, Frank Ocean released his first album, Channel Orange much earlier than expected. Last night, my Twitter timeline exploded; this new CD seemed to be all that anyone could talk about. Many of my followers (broke college students, such as myself) vowed to purchase Channel Orange, rather than scouring the internet for a free (read: illegal) download. I hadn't seen such an outpouring of support since the Kanye West classic My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. If that's not proof enough, it's already #1 on iTunes. Yes, he's that good. If you're too broke/stingy, listen to the free stream here (don't worry he released it himself!) and while you're at it, download Ocean's 2011 mixtape, Nostalgia, Ultra

Still not convinced? Then peep Frank's performance of "Bad Religion" on Jimmy Fallon from this past Monday.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment